Sunday, January 8, 2012

BUTTER FRIED POTATOES

We grew lots of potatoes when I was a kid and I think I loved them anyway they could be cooked.  But my all-time favorite is fried potatoes.  These butter and herb fried potatoes are especially good when fried in a cast-iron skillet!

3 tbsp butter
3 cups sliced potatoes, make slices about 1/8-inch thick
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp finely chopped bell pepper
1 tbsp parsley flakes
2 tbsp minced onion
salt and black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a heavy skillet (see note above).  Add the potatoes, cover and cook for approximately 10 minutes.  Carefully turn the potatoes and cook, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.  Turn to brown all sides.

In the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking, sprinkle potatoes with the oregano, bell pepper, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.  Stir gently to blend into the potatoes.

Yield: about 4 servings

Note: Have never thought to take a picture of my fried potatoes so this is a file photo.

No comments: